by Kristl on September 27, 2012
|BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe||
Recipe type: Main
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
Got leftover chicken? You’ll love this quick and easy BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe! Dinner couldn’t be easier when you start with Walmart’s frozen ball of pizza dough that costs less than $1.50! Simply thaw, press into a greased pan,add your toppings, bake and enjoy! Your grocery likely carries frozen pizza dough as well. Your family will be impressed, I promise!
- 1 ball of frozen pizza dough (Walmart carries this!) or 4 Naan’s*
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup bbq sauce + 2 tablespoons (your favorite!)
- 8 oz. Colby/Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup diced or shredded bbq chicken (about 1 chicken breast)
- ¼ cup diced onion**
- Spread 4 oz. softened cream cheese on top of crust.
- Spread ½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce on top of the cream cheese.
- Top with Colby/Jack cheese.
- Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of bbq sauce with the chicken.
- Scatter diced or shredded bbq chicken and diced onion on top of the cheese.
- Bake at 450 for 12 – 15 minutes if you’re using the Walmart Pizza Dough, otherwise…follow the directions for your crust.
*Naan is my second favorite pizza crust! It’s an Indian flatbread that Costco now carries, and each one makes the perfect individual pizza. Just add your toppings and bake at 425 for about 10 minutes. **Time Saving Shortcut – use frozen chopped onion…it’s cheaper too!