Do you have a bounty of cucumber plants in your backyard? You can make several cans of pickles or salads out of cucumber. But what if you have more than you expected? Here are 8 more ideas you can make out of cucumber aside from salads.
1. Mexican salsa is appetizing with corn, hot peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers. You can find a wide range of recipes of salsa in Internet, cookbooks and food magazine.
2. Shredded cucumbers make a tasty sauce. Add unflavored yogurt as well as spices. This is ideal for sandwiches and wraps.
3. Cucumber juice is a healthy drink with an extraordinary taste. You can add ice or add it to your favourite beverage. If you have smoothies, put small amount of cucumber juice for additional vitamins.
4. Fry some sliced cucumbers. Crispiness is maintained when they are warmed but still smooth against your mouth.
5. Cucumbers are also great in soups. Mash the cucumbers to create gazpacho. Add a few vegetables like fresh corn or diced tomatoes to give a yummy twist to the soup.
6. Welcome back cucumber sandwiches. This type of sandwich was usually served by women during bridal shower, afternoon tea and baby shower. You put sliced cucumber, sour cream, cream cheese and chives on the sandwich.
7. A raw pickle is easy to make. Peel the cucumber and cut into thin pieces. Do this also with the onion. Add salt, pepper, 2 teaspoon sugar, ¼ vinegar and ¼ cup of water. Marinate for about an hour or less before eating.
8. Excess cucumber can also be used to remove the swelling at the bottom of your eyes. It is healthy to eat and good for your health.
Excess cucumbers should not be wasted. These ideas enable you fully make use of your ripe cucumbers.